The Power Greens Cookbook
Featuring 15 dark, leafy greens, The Power Greens Cookbook takes you beyond kale and collards in dishes that are equally healthy and delicious. With 140 recipes for these super-greens—from arugula to watercress—enjoy them in new ways and up-dated favorites with a twist.
For everyday eating, weeknight family meals, casual entertaining, or elegant dinner party dishes, these are some recipes in The Power Greens Cookbook:
- Soups: Cabbage and Brussels Sprout Soup, Spinach Gazpacho with Walnuts, Avgolemono Soup with Arugula, Hoppin’ John Stew with Mustard Greens
- Salads: Caesar Salad with Parmesan Chickpeas, Beets and Beet Greens with Citrus Dressing, Baby Kale and Tuna Salad with Wasabi Dressing, Tuscan Kale Salad with Pomegranate Seeds and Walnuts
- Main Dishes: Red Beans and Smoky Greens, Kale-Smothered Pork Chops with Carrots and Apple, Tortellini with Broccoli Rabe Florets, Pan-Seared Chicken Cutlets with Arugula, Orange, and Fennel
- Small Meals and Snacks: Avocado and Watercress Tartine, Grilled Cheese and Tomato Sandwich with Kimchi, Poached Egg in a Nest of Bacon-Wilted Kale
- Side Dishes and Condiments: Tahini Creamed Spinach, French Lettuce Stir-Fry, Carrots with Wild Arugula Pesto, Kale Za’atar
The Power Greens Cookbook introduces new cooking techniques that help you get dark, leafy greens to the table easily and more quickly. Plus it is a primer on how to select the best greens and keep them vibrant until you cook them.
Illustrated with color photos by Ben Fink, The Power Greens Cookbook is a beautiful treat.